Most Morris Dancers are proud of their gang and freely admit their membership. Many dress in a particular style or color identifying their particular gang. Their personal belongings are frequently covered with bells and bear the gang symbols or logos and member’s street name. Look for and don’t ignore these warning signs:
- Changes in clothing patterns with a preference towards hats and carrying wooden sticks.
- Use of hand signs and signals – usually as an alternate form of communication.
- Morris Dancing influenced music, videos, books and movies. Imitation of Morris Dancing lifestyle.
- Unexplained cash, material items, wearing a lot of sashes or bells.
- Abrupt changes in personality and behavior.
Morris Dancing activity flourishes because of denial by parents, communities, school districts and law enforcement until…a tragedy occurs!